In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, we want to share our commitment to supporting and ensuring the personal safety and comfort of our clients who need to be in the process of buying, selling or leasing, as well as the measures we can all take in line with current government health advisories to ensure public health and welbeing.
Taking into consideration the guidance provided by our real estate board, associations and brokerage leadership, we have established the following guidelines to allow us to continue to work with our clients while protecting the health of our community and practicing “social distancing” and enhanced personal hygiene.
Interaction with Clients
We will be restricting in-person interaction with clients where possible. Communication through email, phone or other forms of technology, such as video calls, are best practices to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and allow us to remain in contact with you. DocuSign will be used where possible for all paperwork, which most of you are already familiar with.
- Washing hands with soap and water or disinfecting with an alcohol-based sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol before and after meeting
- While we love you, for now, we will refrain from hugs, handshakes and aim to keep a distance of 6’ (2M) between us where possible
- Avoid sharing items such as phones, tablets or laptops, etc.
iPro Realty Office Hours
While we are working on reducing branch hours and the number of branches open, iPro Realty continues to be open for appointments, administrative support, and receipt of deposit cheques on our listings. iPro has restricted physical access to the office to essential business and asked our Realtors and their clients to contact the office by phone or email for support.
For our active Buyer/Tenant clients, we will take the following measures:
- Where possible we will meet you at showings and travel in separate vehicles
- When touring properties, we suggest limiting physical touch of the property (i.e light switches, handles, appliances, cupboards, etc).
- We will have sanitizer for your use and suggest using sanitizer both when you enter a property and after you leave
Listing Showings & Open Houses
For our listings, we will discuss appropriate actions to take, which include:
- Seeing if you can stay somewhere else while the home is being sold
- No public open houses until further notice
- Prior to confirming a showing, we will speak with the Buyer agent to conduct a health/travel questionnaire and review procedures to follow when showing the property, which includes limiting physical touch of the property
- Limit showings to 30 minutes, 1 party per time slot and a maximum of 3 guests (agent + two buyers)
- Use of disinfectant to clean commonly shared surfaces like door handles
- Providing hand sanitizer at the entry for visitors to use
- Encouraging our clients to thoroughly clean and disinfect the house after viewings
Looking for more information surrounding COVID-19?
Tuning in to the news to remain informed about COVID-19 will allow you to better understand the severity of the risk in your area. For a full list of prevention tips, please visit the Health Canada website.
You should also be mindful of the following advisory on Enhanced Public Health Measures for COVID-19 from the Office of the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health regarding travel, large events, and other related matters.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns or suggestions on how to navigate these unchartered waters together.